10 years is a long time. I am not sure there is any one piece of clothing that I have had for ten years. 4 months before departing to van life I searched for the perfect hooded sweatshirt. Something durable, odor resistant and preferably American made. Enter the Flint and Tinder 10 year hoodie. After a wildly successful Kickstarter campaign, this sweatshirt was the talk of the town, and for good reason. It is the perfect weight for windy mornings at the beach and evenings in the desert.
Road Worthy Features:
- Tough cotton/poly blend fabric that has held shape and color with limited washing
- Double layer hood that keeps out a cold morning breeze significantly better than your normal hoodie
- Interior cellphone stash pocket. I am the victim of my phone falling out of the front pocket of a sweatshirt during a middle of the night driver switch in a snowstorm. The interior pocket is much more secure and it provides just a hint of James Bonditude to your cellphone carry.
- I have a classic road biker physique: long narrow torso, arms that are pretty much just a string between by shoulders and hands and muscular legs. Picture half stick figure, half Incredible Hulk. That said, finding any clothing for the top half of my body is a challenge. The small in this sweatshirt is a little short in the torso and the medium was far too boxy. I opted for the small, but wouldn’t mind an extra inch at the bottom.
- Double layer hood is bomber when deployed on my head, but when I don’t need it, the extra weight kinda feels like a monkey on my back.
Overall rating: 3 out of 5